Friday, January 04, 2008

31 Teams - Unfulfilled Dreams

With the playoff season upon us, Raider fans have been left out in the cold for the 5th straight season. When each new season starts, all the NFL teams are 0-0 with 1 clear cut goal ... to become the Super Bowl world champions. I saved this article from the beginning of last year which objectively rates the success of each NFL franchises.

This week at work I have been the target of verbal abuse by a few Charger fans. Some of it was in good fun ... some of the abuse was mean spirited. The photo below of the San Diego Charger SB Trophy case is just a friendly reminder to the Bolt fans that "until you win a ring, you've got no bling".

5 Comments:

Blogger nyraider said...

I'd like that display case for my basement family room. Think the chargers would sell it to me?... they won't be needing it.

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am emailing this picture to a few of my Charger fan friends. I coined a phrase in 1981 that is as true today as it was then (that being the year I met my first Charger fan): There is no fan more obnoxious and less deserving of respect than a Charger fan.

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah..... i have been an adamant raider fan for 25 years, grew up in bay area, unfortunately, this season (and this off-season already looking) like another massive disappointment; how long can us fans be expected to suffer tumult and mediocracy - to win you need consistency at coaching level, that's just plain fact, and the only consistency we have in recent years is Al's inability to allow consistency with our head coaches (and undercutting them at every turn) - i just don't know how long us fans can hold on, with blind faith, despite mediocracy and endless losing seasons, blithely following the follies of this egotistical, ill, old man.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see no-one has commented upon (or rebuked) my note above.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Nike Air Force One said...

Awesome!!!

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home