Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Seas Are Our Empire

Ahoy mateys. I just wanted to send a quick note to my loyal readers that I will be on a cruise in Hawaii from July 15th to July 24th ... back just in time for the opening of the Raiders training camp.

I'm looking forward to the following training camp battles. Let the best man win! My picks to earn the starter's role by week 1 are in the left hand column.

QB - Aaron Brooks vs. Andrew Walter
RG - Braveheart McNasty vs. Brad Badger
RT - Langston Walker vs. Chad Slaughterhouse 5
WR2 - Jerry Porter vs. Doug Gabriel
DE - Tyler Brayton vs. Bobby Hamilton
DT - Tommy Gun Kelly vs. Terdell Sands
SLB - Sam Williams vs. Thomas Howard


Arr! I'm no scallywag though. While I'm away on the high seas enjoying some fine grog on the poopdeck with Mrs. Calico Jack, pay a visit to my fine Raider brethren Raider Take and Raider Way. Blimey! Start sharpening your cutlass and lower the boom on the upcoming 2006 season.

Silver and Black Forever,
Calico Jack

3 Comments:

Blogger Stick'em said...

Only CJ would be smart enough to remember to plan his vacation for the deadest football time of the year.

That way, he can be sure nothing will be going on he needs to check in about in the real world (isn't Raider football the ONLY real world?) while we're all still stuck here in purgatory!

Have onenna dem Rum Runners for me, or better yet, a Tequila Sunrise on a black beach.

4:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new site...........Great job on the EMPIRE. Soon we will be in the sea of fans in the Black Hole..........Before we know it.............Football is near.......Can you smell it! Yea......BaBy!

7:37 AM  
Blogger The Analyzer said...

I like one of your battles you have listed (Porter vs. Gabriel) but I am hoping Curry enters the mix again. He was on pace to lead the team before injuring himself the first time.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home